Farm2Fork Hackathon – Apply Now
STARTUP3 encourages you to apply for the Farm2Fork Hackathon and propose innovative and implementable products and services!
The main Farm2Fork Hackathon objective is to identify products and services applicable in the agrifood domain, which are responding to the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. Products and services can be presented as Minimum Viable Products (MVP) or fully developed products and services that can be deployable, promotable and marketable.
The Hackathon aims at attracting European solution providers, innovators and enthusiasts to propose innovative and implementable products and services, which will have the following impact:
- minimizing negative effects of COVID pandemic in agrifood sector or
- increase the resilience of the food production and food supply systems in pandemic situations
Examples for products and services may be very broad, covering following areas (this list is not exhaustive):
- Deployment of any kind of digital technologies in agriculture, food production/processing and food supply (robotics, AI, IoT, EO, Big data, blockchain, …);
- Agrifood workforce (management, personal distancing, training, optimization, …);
- Education in the agrifood sector;
- Connecting regional supply and demand (short food supply chains, transport, forecasting, …);
- Decreasing food loss and managing food waste (donating, new business models, re-routing, circular business models);
- Food safety, storage, packaging;
- Preservation of nature and resources.
The Hackathon is organised by the Innovation Technology Cluster (ITC) from Slovenia – a STARTUP3 Consortium Member – along with other relevant European institutions and projects.